Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter!

Hello Everyone!
Happy Birthday Billy and Happy Easter to all! 

This is going to be a short post because I am leaving for the Gold Coast in 1 hour and still need to finish packing.

School News:
On Tuesday night I attended my first theatre performance for my Australian Film and Theatre class. It was a play called Stockholm that was put on by the Sydney Theatre Company at Wharf 1 on Sydney Harbour. The performance was a drama about and couple's relationships trials and tribulations. I enjoyed it although it was a little dark at times. Unfortunately I forgot my camera because the views from the wharf were wonderful!

We also watched the movie The Dish in my Australian Film and Theatre class this past week. I had already seen it, but enjoyed watching it for a second time. It's about a little Australian town named, Parkes who is responsible for broadcasting Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon. Amongst the pressure of the broadcast there is quite a few bits of comic relief.

Weekend Adventures:
Yesterday my friend Emma's friends who are studying in New Zealand came to Sydney to visit. Emma and I played tour guide and took them down to the Opera House, Circular Quay, The Botanical Gardens, around campus, and then went out to The Rocks at night. We went to a German restaurant called the Lowenbrau down in The Rocks, which had a great atmosphere. The waitresses were dressed up in German attire and the place was all stone with long wooden tables.

Cafe of the Week:
Citrus, on King Street. Delicious eggs bacon and toast, but because it was Good Friday they charged us a holiday fee for eating there.

Alright I better get going! I hope everyone has a fabulous week. I'll have a bunch of stuff to talk about next week when I get home from The Gold Coast, Byron Bay, and Brisbane. Until then....Cheers, Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment